- NewsIf you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
- AdmissionsThe admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
- CalendarWe'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
- NewsletterA historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
WELCOME TO HOUT BAY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL!
Hout Bay International School is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to HBIS, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- Dear Parents, The End is just a new Beginning This week it just so happened that we celebrated our Early Years Concert on Tuesday evening and will officially say goodbye to our Class of 2017; the DP2 students at their...
- Dear Parents, “Children are unique, so our approach to them must be unique as well” This quote, taken from this week’s Cape Times article entitled “Turning the problem of education on its head” by Omeshnie Naidoo, certainly validated our mission...
- Dear Parents, The old adage “if something is worth doing then it’s worth doing well” has been pretty apt this week. With last night being the final night of two weeks of amazing musical performances at HBIS, I am once...
- Dear Parents, It’s finally here! After all the practices, rehearsing of moves and singing of songs, the opening night of our school musicals is upon us….. It’s amazing how suddenly when the students are exposed to the flashing lights, the...
- Dear Parents, There is much excitement in the air at HBIS at the moment, Phase 3 has started with a vengeance and we anticipate the project lasting 9-10 months depending on a variety of factors. The students and staff...
Every year, SEK and IES students gather to enjoy a week of sports or cultural activities. The event takes place in one of the countries where there is an SEK or IES school. This year, there will be a Cultural InterSek, hosted by SEK Ecuador School, in the city of Quito.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact the person in charge of International Programs at your school.