If you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
The admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
We'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
An historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
The International School of Hout Bay (ISHB) is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to ISHB, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- Dear Parents, You will have noticed on our Facebook page yesterday that some of our IB Diploma Students spent their Freedom Day hiking 3 of Cape Town’s most famous peaks – all in one day. This remarkable achievement and personal...
- Dear Parents, A well-known African Proverb states “It takes a village to raise a child”. As partners in education we are all committed to ensuring that we work together for the sake of our most important treasures – our children....
- Dear Parents, Constitutional Court Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng last week gave a lecture on Ethical Leadership and the need for our country to have leaders with integrity and ethical values. He stated that “When you are a leader, you have...
- Dear Parents, You would have to be living under a rock if you were not aware of the history making moments that our country is currently undergoing. From the groundbreaking judgment last week of our Constitutional Court, to the way...
- Dear Parents, As we round up the end of another busy term, we thought we would dedicate this newsletter to some of our after school activities and the numerous Interhouse events we have had this past term. We often make...
- U10 Cricket On Monday afternoon our U10 cricket team played Groote Schuur Primary in an away match. GS won the toss and sent ISHB in to bat first. We managed to put up a total of 65/6 in the 15...
Every year, SEK and IES students gather to enjoy a week of sports or cultural activities. The event takes place in one of the countries where there is an SEK or IES school. This year, there will be a Cultural InterSek, hosted by SEK Ecuador School, in the city of Quito.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact the person in charge of International Programs at your school.Visit Website InterSEK 2016