If you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
The admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
We'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
An historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
The International School of Hout Bay (ISHB) is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to ISHB, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- Dear Parents, In the recent parent survey conducted by IES for all 7 schools in the IES family, we had 164 responses from our 214 families which resulted in a 77% response rate. This was a magnificent result when comparing...
- The 2015 French Cultural Exchange is already coming to an end… It all started in April 2014 when Sarah Hillion (the English Teacher from Lycée Jean Vilar in Avignon, France) got in touch with me to discuss a possible school...
- Dear Parents, Finally the big night arrived – ISHB’s rendition of “Legally Blonde – the musical” was a huge hit on its opening night. Once again the High School students have come together and pulled out all the stops to...
- Last week we celebrated Arbour Week here at ISHB, and with it a new tradition was inaugurated, our Arbour Day Tree Planting Ceremony. The entire school was present for this really exciting, highly anticipated event, one which we look forward...
- Dear Parents, We happened across this interesting article from a former teacher who has taught both A Levels and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. It provides an interesting perspective. https://medium.com/@psigrist/ib-or-a-level-c0b82b4d5dd1 IB or A Level? This blog post was written by the...
- Dear Parents, What an incredible hive of activity ISHB has been these past few days. Last Friday’s Arbor Day celebrations marked the start of a wonderful new tradition and it was truly amazing to see all our students from Early...
CULTURAL SPORTING INTERSEK
Cultural/Sporting InterSEK – Costa Rica
This year each delegation must bring in the pen drive the UN Flag and Anthem of Sun Country . For the inaugural parade, A pair of students must Carry UN brought a typical allusive your country or city. In addition, each delegation will have a thematic corner That may be decorated with posters , PHOTOGRAPHS , souvenirs and other. Addition, each country will have a thematic corner, for which they must bring material like photographs , souvenirs , etc
For more information, place contact the Director of International Programs at the school.
Annual Spring Walk:
SP – Constantia Nek
JP – School grounds
Possibly followed by Picnic/Fair