- NewsIf you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
- AdmissionsThe admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
- CalendarWe'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
- NewsletterA historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
WELCOME TO HOUT BAY INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL!
Hout Bay International School is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to HBIS, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- Dear Parents, Last night the Junior Primary students performed their end of year show entitled “Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!”. It was everything a junior school production should be – there were many cute moments, several hilarious ones and the odd “deer...
- Dear Parents, If you weren’t there, you missed something amazing! I am talking about the annual PYP 6 Exhibition held last night. To celebrate the culmination of all things PYP, all PYP 6 students have to take part in the...
- Dear Parents, Last week I had the opportunity to attend the 10th annual IES Heads conference hosted by our sister school in Sidmouth; St John’s International School. It was a wonderful chance to catch up with my fellow heads and...
Every year, SEK and IES students gather to enjoy a week of sports or cultural activities. The event takes place in one of the countries where there is an SEK or IES school. This year, there will be a Cultural InterSek, hosted by SEK Ecuador School, in the city of Quito.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact the person in charge of International Programs at your school.Visit Website InterSEK 2016