If you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
The admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
We'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
An historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
The International School of Hout Bay (ISHB) is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to ISHB, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- Dear Parents, An incredible amount of pride does not even come close to describing what I felt as I moved around the various displays at the PYP 6 Exhibition held last night. The confidence of these young teenagers as they...
- As part of their final year within the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Programme (PYP) the PYP 6 students carry out a in depth project called the PYP Exhibition. The aim of the Exhibition is to encourage the students to...
- Dear Parents, Being a parent of a teenager may quite possibly be one of the hardest “jobs” in the world today. I see it daily in the many conversations I have with both parents and students when discussing the various challenges...
- On Monday afternoon the U10 cricket team played a little derby game against Kronendal Primary. We have had some good results against Kronendal in the past, but sadly this day was not meant for us. Kronendal batted first, putting up...
- Some of our MYC1 boys have been working hard this year on their sailing. Earlier in the year they brought back a trophy from the Interschools Dinghy Regata, and more recently they have been doing well in club competitions. We...
- Our Business Studies Event, ‘Dragons Den’ was hosted here at school last week Thursday and was attended by parents, students and potential investors. The event was a resounding success and we would like to congratulate all our IGCSE1 Business Studies...
CULTURAL SPORTING INTERSEK
Cultural/Sporting InterSEK – Costa Rica
This year each delegation must bring in the pen drive the UN Flag and Anthem of Sun Country . For the inaugural parade, A pair of students must Carry UN brought a typical allusive your country or city. In addition, each delegation will have a thematic corner That may be decorated with posters , PHOTOGRAPHS , souvenirs and other. Addition, each country will have a thematic corner, for which they must bring material like photographs , souvenirs , etc
For more information, place contact the Director of International Programs at the school.