If you are interested in the latest news of Hout Bay International School, click here.more
The admission process is open throughout the year. Requirements to be admitted is explained on this page;more
We'll keep you up to date with what's going on in Hout Bay International School with our Calendarmore
An historical list of the regularly distributed publication about Hout Bay School is now availablemore
The International School of Hout Bay (ISHB) is more than a school – it is a community of diverse individuals and families, a centre for academic excellence, for some a home away from home and yet more importantly a family for all those that are part of it. Few schools can boast that they belong to two international organisations spanning across almost every continent of the globe. The first being International Education Systems (IES), a family of international schools committed to quality educational experiences for all who attend and, second, the International Baccalaureate Organisation (IBO), renowned for its high quality and rigorous academic programme.
Our School is as diverse as the location in which it finds itself, our commitment to highlighting social injustice, the celebration of differences and the fostering of international mindedness goes beyond the classroom. Students are encouraged to ‘think outside the box’, ‘have a voice’ and engage on pertinent topics daily. From Early Years through to the International Baccalaureate Diploma, students, staff and parents are part of a learning community that seeks to encourage awareness of the wider world. They have a sense of their own role as global citizens, who respect and value diversity, who have an understanding of how the world works and who take responsibility for their actions.
We are proudly South African, embodying an International mindset, where the spirit of ‘ubuntu’– the idea that humanity is bound together and expressed by caring for each other – can be seen and felt. The teachers genuinely care for their students and love practicing their craft. The students genuinely love learning and are encouraged to become life-long learners.
And so I wish to say welcome to ISHB, may your time here be a worthwhile and life changing experience.
- What is the difference between Standard and Higher Level in Diploma Courses? A question we are asked often is: What is the difference between Standard Level (SL) and Higher Level (HL) in the Diploma courses? This is always a difficult...
- On Thursday, 04 February our High School had their Interhouse Swimming Gala at Dominican Grimley School. As with the Primary School gala the previous week, the event was well attended and everyone participated in high spirits – with some of...
- Dear Parents, Having sat through various parent information evenings on such topics as the Dangers of Social Media, Substance Abuse Awareness, Raising Teenagers etc. a clear and consistent message seems to be reinforced by all the independent speakers who have...
- Dear Parents, One of the corner stones of the International Baccalaureate is the concept of International Mindedness. According to Liina Baardsen, (IB Alumnus, Diploma Programme Curriculum Manager)—“International-mindedness means the ability to see an opportunity in every encounter to both share...
- On Friday, 29 January swimmers in our Senior Primary had the opportunity to compete in our Interhouse Swimming Gala. It was a very well attended event, with 52 swimmers competing on the day and many records were broken: ...
- Dear Parents, In his inaugural address to America in 1961, the 35th President of the United States of America, John Fitzgerald Kennedy (JFK) uttered these immortal words: “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for...
CULTURAL SPORTING INTERSEK
Cultural/Sporting InterSEK – Costa Rica
Every year, SEK and IES students gather to enjoy a week of sports or cultural activities. The event takes place in one of the countries in Latin America where there are SEK schools. In 2016, there will be a Cultural Intersek, hosted by SEK Ecuador School, in the city of Quito.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact the person in charge of International Programs at your SEK school.