For all students applying for a place at Hout Bay International School including past students:
Download and complete the appropriate forms as required.
Submit the following documents to email@example.com or via fax at (021) 791 7950 for the attention of the Director of Admissions.
- Completed Application form
- Passport/Identity Document Colour Photograph of the applicant
- Copy of both parents’/guardians’
– South African Identity Document
– Passport and Permanent Resident Certificate or valid Visa
- Copy of applicant’s:
– Passport and Permanent Resident Certificate or valid Visa (for foreign students)
– Unabridged Birth Certificate
– South African Identity Document (for South African citizens over 16 years of age)
- Proof of medical cover (for foreign students)
- Copies of last TWO official Academic Reports (if applicable)
- Copy of most recent Special Educational Needs (SEN) Report (if applicable)
- All applications must be accompanied with the Application Fee of R750 (non-refundable) – no application will be processed without proof of payment
- Proof of payment must be submitted before an Admission Assessment is conducted
- Payments can be made via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), cheque (made out to IES INTERNATIONAL HOUT BAY SCHOOL (Pty) Ltd) or by credit card (machine located in the Finance Department)
- Please use the applicant’s name (student) as a reference
All prospective students will have to be assessed. An Admission Assessment will be scheduled by the Director of Admissions. The assessments are age appropriate and will take from one to three hours depending on the age of the applicant.
All foreign students are required by law to obtain and present a valid Study Visa in the name of Hout Bay International School before they may commence studies. Proof of application is no grounds for admission.
Successful applicants will receive a provisional Letter of Offer upon:
- Submission of all required documents
- Availability of space
- A successful Admissions Assessment
- A positive review of their previous academic records
- Completion of a Confidential Student Report from the previous school
Enrolment is dependent on the following payments made:
- Registration Fee of R5,500 (non-refundable)
- Foreign Student Levy of R750 (non-refundable)
- Deposit of R20,000 (refundable)
- Term’s Fees (payable before the first day of attendance)
Please note that no applicant may attend school without payment of the term’s fees and submission of a valid and updated Study Visa (if required).
By law the School is required to inform the Director General of the Department of Home Affairs of all new foreign students who are offered a place in the school. Should the applicant not accept the Letter of Offer, the School is also required to inform the Director General of the Department of Home Affairs in order to officially cancel the application.