Hout Bay International School (HBIS) is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School offering the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Diploma Programmes (DP), a Cambridge International Examinations Centre offering the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE), and a member of ISASA and the International Schools’ Association (ISA). It is one of the International Education Systems (IES) group of schools.
All Academic staff are required to:
• Be fully qualified – Experience in teaching IB (PYP/DP) or IGCSE (HS staff only) will be highly advantageous
• Be in possession of a PGCE/HDE
• Be SACE (South African Council of Educators) Registered
• Obtain a RSA Police Clearance Certificate (in addition the School will also run its own Biometric test on all staff)
• Obtain a clear Medical Clearance
All applicants must submit the following documents to the Principal, Mr. Grant Ruskovich at: email@example.com by the required deadlines for each vacancy:
• A cover Letter of Intent applying for the advertised post
• A comprehensive CV/Resume
• Names and contact numbers of 3 Referees
The following vacancies are currently available:
- PS Spanish Senior Primary Educator – part time (experience teaching Senior Primary grades 1-7). Starting 1 January 2018. Applicant must be able to teach Spanish as a Foreign Language.
- Middle School Mathematics Educator – full time (at least 5 years experience teaching Mathematics to grades 7-9). Starting 1 January 2018. International Experience essential.
- HS Afrikaans Educator – full time (experience teaching Afrikaans as a second language to grades 7-13). Starting 1 January 2018. International Experience essential and knowledge of the IGCSE (Cambridge) and International Baccalaureate Diploma highly encouraged.
- HS French Educator – full time (experience teaching French as a foreign language to grades 7-13). Starting 1 January 2018. International Experience essential and knowledge of the IGCSE (Cambridge) and International Baccalaureate Diploma highly encouraged.